[storagecultists] Storage Tier List v1

Storage Tier List v1

Storage television shows took the world by storm in the early 2010s. The excitement of these reality shows was often an act, but this list looks to guide viewers towards those that were most convincing.

Note: This list a is work in progress, for any changes, please PM the list kindly shut up and keep them to yourself.

I’d like to thank the list contributors who did most of the research: @mateyyy @Haro @mini

Also, a lot of this was just copy/pasted from Tom’s Hardware reviews.

Tier S

Storage Wars (2010) - Storage Wars (stylized as STORAGE WAR$ ) was an American reality television series on the A&E Network that premiered on December 1, 2010.

When rent is not paid on a storage locker for three months in California, the contents can be sold by an auctioneer as a single lot of items in the form of a cash-only auction. The show follows professional buyers who visit storage facilities throughout the state and bid on these lockers. Before each locker is auctioned, the buyers are given five minutes to inspect the contents from the doorway, but may not enter the locker or touch any of the items.

After the day’s auctions are completed, the winning bidders sort through the lockers, estimating the prices they will set on the contents and/or consulting with experts for an appraisal of unusual items. Running totals on-screen display the cost versus estimated total value, and a final tally at the end of the episode summarizes the buyers’ net profit or loss.

Tier A

Storage Wars: New York - an American reality television series on A&E. It is a spin-off of Storage Wars . The series follows a group of modern-day storage hunters in an adventurous time finding jewels in storage units across New York.[1] The first season debuted on January 1, 2013,[1] aired with back-to-back half-hour episodes similar to other titles in the series and acquired 2.9 million total viewers.[2] The second season premiered on July 9, 2013, with newest cast member “Big Steve” Valenti.

Tier B

Storage Wars: Texas (Originally Storage Wars Dallas [1]) was a reality television series on the A&E Network that premiered in 2011. It was a regionalized spin-off of the highly-popular series Storage Wars .

As of the latter portion of Season 3, the show featured auctioneer Walt Cade, as well as auction hunters Victor Rjesnjansky, Ricky and Bubba Smith, Jenny Grumbles, and Mary Padian, with other buyers being included on some episodes, notably Lesa Lewis and her assistant Jerry Simpson (who were regulars on Season 1).

The premise was essentially the same as the parent show: when rent is not paid on a storage locker in Texas,[2] the contents are sold by an auctioneer as a single lot of items. The show follows professional buyers who bid on the contents (usually for the purpose of reselling for profit should they purchase a locker) based only on a five-minute inspection and what they can see only from the door when it is opened. The episodes feature the winning buyers inspecting the contents (providing their estimate of their value), with one specific (and often unusual) item from each buyer featured being appraised to determine its worth.

Sixteen episodes were filmed for the first season, debuting on A&E on Tuesday December 6, 2011.[3] The premiere episode garnered 4.1 million viewers, making it the most watched series launch in the network’s history.[4] Viewers got a glimpse of Storage Wars: Texas on the first Storage Wars: Unlocked special, when Ricky and Bubba appeared to present a teaser clip. It was revealed that the show was to have been originally called Storage Wars: Dallas .[1] It was later revealed that Storage Wars: Texas and its parent series Storage Wars had both been renewed for another twenty-six episode season respectively, with the second season of Texas premiering on August 15, 2012.[5] Storage Wars: Texas can be seen internationally as well, as AETN International has sold the series to several channels in Canada, United Kingdom, Poland, Finland, and the Netherlands.[6] Between and during seasons, some buyers chose not to return to the show, or had done so only on certain episodes and not as regulars. The series ran for three seasons, and the final episode of the series aired on January 7, 2014.

Tier D

Barry’d Treasure - Barry’d Treasure was an American reality television series airing on A&E. The series premiered on March 18, 2014, and starred Barry Weiss in a spin-off of A&E’s Storage Wars .[1][2] The series centered around Weiss (formerly a featured storage locker buyer on Storage Wars ) as he traveled around the United States to find rare antiques and collectibles.[3] The show also featured some of Weiss’ previous Storage Wars sidekicks as they accompanied him on some of his travels.

Tier F

Storage Hunters - Storage Hunters is a reality television series presented by Sean Kelly (as the auctioneer). It originally ran in the US from 2011 to 2014 on TruTV[2] and has been shown in the UK on the digital channel Dave. A domestic UK version, also featuring Kelly, started broadcasting in 2014 and continued into 2016 with a fifth series that aired in April 2016. There was also a UK celebrity special which aired for Christmas 2015, with all the money each celebrity made going to their chosen charity.

In October 2016, Dave announced that a celebrity series would take place, following the huge hit of the one off special earlier in the year, with five 60-minute episodes. The format is the same, all the money they made went to their chosen charity.[3]

7 Likes

Very interesting, I’m going to binge watch them asap!

4 Likes

I apparently worked on this list and even I am baffled by its brilliance!

4 Likes

I’ll give you a list:

–> pcpartpicker.com
–> Storage
–> Sort by price

5 Likes

we aer wrkoing on ti vrey hdar. is not esay

(I struggled to type that)

3 Likes

I printed out your profile pic and punched it for making me read that.

5 Likes

4 Likes

A mfer get a stroke reading that out here

5 Likes

Tier S: me going to a pawn shop, buying something cheap and selling it on Craigslist for more

4 Likes