Story Game #1 [Serious Version]

Rules:

1. Your contribution must at least 10 words, no maximum word limit.
  2. There must be at least 1 replies between your last post to avoid a single person dominating the story.
  3. Do not attempt to divert the story into nonsense or memery.

Introductory plot points:

1. This story takes place is December 2076.
  2. The protagonist is female and in her early 20s.
  3. Magic is present in this world but seen as taboo.
  4. The protagonist wakes up one morning to find herself with powers and is desperate to keep it a secret.
4 Likes

In the not too distant future…

Stars twinkle silently high above the cloudless sky, blinking in and out from the depths of space. Down below, at stark contrast against the minimalist sky, a neon cityscape sprawls about as far as the human eye can see. Skyscrapers flash garish colors – yellow, blue, pink – to whore out their services, cars crawl along excruciatingly slowly on channels too narrow to contain them, and countless drones mill about plaguing whatever tiny air spaces they can find.

People? Hidden in the city’s tiny nooks and crannies, too small and too insignificant to spot from this distance.

On a terrace twenty-one floors up high above the landscape, the night is oddly calm. And cold.

“So, what did you call me here for?”

A clear voice calls out from the distance. A sweet sound, tinged with some slight annoyance.

It’s hard to blame her, though. The hour is late.

But it’s hard to find friends in this city, and there wasn’t another soul to rely on.

“Hear me out, I’ve something to tell you.”

Off-Topic Notes!
  • I’ll let the next person decide the protag’s name, the protag’s powers, and her friend’s name.
9 Likes

“But before I tell you, please know that I’m aware of how this will sound. Let me assure you that I haven’t gone crazy, and this isn’t a joke. I need you to be patient with me while I try to explain this.”

Harper was shaking as she spoke. She had an immense weight of anxiety resting on her. She wanted to confide in Ann but Harper knew this could fracture their friendship.

“I have magic Ann, I can move things. I mean without touching them. I didn’t mean to at first, all I did was hum and then maybe sing a bit. When I did at first I thought I was starting to get dizzy or I was seeing things but I’m certain now that things were coming off my shelves and moving around the room. It scared me. In my surprise I stopped my tune and everything fell to the floor and all I could do was stop and stand in disbelief.” Harper laid the story before Ann and waited for what felt like an eternity for her friend’s reply.

5 Likes